Saturday, January 14, 2012

Harry Lost and Found (again)

Harry and me had a nice walk in the frost. Me taking photographs. Harry sniffing.

A man and a dog came by. There is a picture of the dog sniffing Harry as Harry sniffs one of the many scent posts put in by the local council.

In the next minute or so I took a few more pictures.
This is a detail from the final picture before I realised Harry was no longer with me. In fact if I'd looked at the final picture I would have seen that Harry had followed the man and dog and gone under the bridge (red circled).

I started looking around, calling 'Harry!'

By the time I did get to the bridge he was no longer in sight. I asked a couple of dog walkers. But they hadn't seen Harry as pictured in an earlier image on the camera. So I started looking round more this side ...

After 10 minutes searching I ran home to get the bike to explore the other side of the bridge.

Before leaving home I checked the answer phone and was relieved to hear that Harry had been found and somebody had read his tag and taken him to the vets. A few minutes later I met a very trembly Harry at the vets. He hates the vets. (He had tagged onto a big group of dogs and people and followed them down the river to Abingdon Lock, and then the people realised Harry wasn't with any of them.)

4 comments:

CC said...

Yikes!
Harry, what were you thinking?
So glad for the happy ending!

Whew!

marley said...

Oh Harry! I am glad you are safe and sound. I used to run away sumtimes but we fixed all the oles in the fence so now I am never missin.

Tipsy said...

Thought you were going to say 'you checked the answer phone to see if he'd phoned home' :-) What an adventure eh Harry! Glad you're safe......

DeeDee The Deaf Dog said...

Oh dear, I would of had a fit if it was one of mine, glad he got home safe and sound.