Saturday, July 14, 2012

Harry and the Victoria Sponge


Last night Harry went downstairs and found the food waste bin was not locked, and inside was 3/4 of a Victoria Sponge. That is a lot of cake for a little dog ... so I took him on an extra long walk this morning to try and walk it off.

There was no sign that it had spoiled his appetite. He ate breakfast and tea with no trouble, and was not trying to eat grass - the usual sign of indigestion.

Perhaps it was a very light Victoria Sponge cake.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Harry you are naughty. Bet it tasted good though. Have a lovely Sunday.
Best wishes Molly

CC said...

Thinking of Harry yesterday morning while waiting for rain to let up outside the market.
There were a couple of Corgis sheltering with their human couple. As the male Corgi was redirected from a suspicious morsel on the ground, his human related that nothing's been the same for these dogs since Lorenzo's Italian bistro burned down and the pizza crusts disappeared.. :-)

Zhoen said...

Sometime, a little overindulgence comes without consequences.

WigglyZack said...

Mmmmmm Victoria Sponge

BordoggyTerrier said...

Pawsome there pal! I so envy Houdini Harry - for where does he put it all? And no consequences? Well I rarely get to eat human food, 'they' say it disagrees with me and I mean I have never had a crossword with it! I gotta be going wrong somewhere, I'm off to the bin as we bark to try my luck!

Alfie | Alfie's Blog said...

That's a big piece of cake for a small doggie - glad to hear you didn't have to resort to eating grass though buddy! *waggy tail*

Alfie - Alfie's Blog